.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade


***** Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Action/adventure.

Directed by: Steven Spielberg.

Starring: Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Denholm Elliott, Alison Doody, River Phoenix




I watched this in bits and pieces on VHS while exercising. As I mentioned in my review of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, this is my second-favorite of the series, second only to Raiders, which belongs on my all-time favorites list.

And the reasoning from that chart stands: the search for the Holy Grail, the return of John Rhys-Davies as Sallah, and of course Sean Connery as Professor Henry Jones are what really make this movie stand out.

Something I can't believe I didn't mention that had a lot to do with why I liked this movie so much is the puzzle aspect of the search--something both Last Crusade and Raiders had, but Crystal Skull and Temple of Doom didn't.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the beginning of the movie, showing the origins of Indiana Jones--his fear of snakes, the hat, the whip, and his penchant for harrowing adventure. I enjoyed it so much so that we put "The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones" in our Netflix queue. Unfortunately, we didn't care for it. We watched the first two episodes, and when we realized that the DVD had been sitting there for a month unwatched because nobody wanted to see it, we returned it.


Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?