.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Raiders of the Lost Ark


*****+ Raiders of the Lost Ark. Action/adventure.

Directed by: Steven Spielberg.
Starring: Harrison Ford, John Rhys-Davies, Denholm Elliott, Karen Allen



I watched this on video while exercising. And since then, the boys have been watching the series in preparation for the new sequel. And to top it off, Camden's been practicing the theme song on his clarinet for his upcoming band concert. So I've been pretty well immersed in All Things Indiana Jones for a while. I can't tell you how tempted I am to buy the hat. If I'd been smart, I'd have asked for it for Mother's Day, thus avoiding the temptation to just buy it and the resulting guilt if I did.

Anyway. It's one of my absolute favorite movies. It's got everything you could want: action, drama, suspense, humor, romance, intrigue, daring stunts, dramatic scenery, memorable lines, a stirring soundtrack, and performances that worked so well the actors were the characters.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is a classic and a benchmark for a reason. It's also one of the rare movies for which familiarity doesn't breed contempt: I like it more every time I watch it.


Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Plus what a refreshing hero Dr. Jones is -- human, for once (snakes and being outwitted by Belloq several times), and with a leading lady who isn't afraid to lead in Marion Ravenwood.

There's another avenue to scratch the Indiana Jones itch besides the Choose Your Fate books -- the video games, of which Fate of Atlantis probably captures the feel of the movies the best. Of the two modern games, Infernal Machine is almost worth digging up an N64 for.
 
Good point. I should have mentioned that, too. I loved Marion--which is one of the huge disappointments of the second movie.

I think my kids have at least one of those video games. I should check them out.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?