.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Song of the Day

"Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon and Garfunkel, from Bridge Over Troubled Water


SIMON AND GARFUNKEL - BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER von maniac-pro


Hmm. Let's see if this works. I couldn't get a studio version of this song on YouTube because I'm in Germany. *sigh*

This is such a classic, and I've never heard anyone else do it justice. They turn it into a pale, insipid shadow of itself. It's a powerful song, and the dynamics are an important part of it. I love how it starts out quiet and peaceful, and then gets reeeaally loud. I nearly smacked Carl once when he turned down the volume when the song got loud.

Here's a recent, live version, with both Simon and Garfunkel singing.



Footnote: I'm seriously irritated by simonandgarfunkel.com. It automatically defaults to simonandgarfunkel.com/de (de = Germany), and there's apparently no way to see the original site from here, at least not one that's easily found. More and more websites are doing this lately.

Categories:

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?