.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Song of the Day

"Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games" by Of Montreal, from The Sunlandic Twins



This is the first song I ever heard by Of Montreal, and it cracked me up: "Let's pretend we don't exist. Let's pretend we're in Antarctica." It reminded me strongly of 10CC: the whimsy, the harmonies, and just the general style. So I listened to more of their songs, and got hooked.

I read the comments, and a LOT of them referenced Outback Steakhouse. Wha? This is what comes from living in Germany for the past 7 years. Here's the commercial: =>
LINK<= So, good for Of Montreal, I hope they made a bunch of money. But the song is still "Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games," not "The Outback Steakhouse Song." *rolling my eyes* Kind of like that Muse song is "Neutron Star Collision," not "The Twilight Song."


Categories:

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?