.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Silk and Secrets


**** Silk and Secrets by Mary Jo Putney. Historical romance.









Unfortunately, in my hit-or-miss approach to collecting Putney's backlist, I've once again found myself in the middle of a trilogy. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to have been a problem in enjoying the story.

Lord Ross Carlisle, the Marquess of Kilburn, has been married to Juliet Cameron since he was 21 and she was 17. The only thing is, he hasn't seen her for twelve years, since she inexplicably abandoned him after six months of marriage.

They're reunited in Persia, of all places, when his mother-in-law sends him to find out what happened to his brother-in-law (Juliet's mother and brother), a British army officer who disappeared in Bokhara.

It was a fascinating setting, and there was high adventure aplenty, the kind of story that you'd expect to see in an old movie. And watching Ross and Juliet fall in love again was fun. My only problem was that I didn't really buy the reason Juliet left him in the first place.

Definitely worth reading, and I'm looking forward to seeing the beginning and end of this trilogy eventually.


Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments:
At first I thought this is one of your "flashback" book, but I see it not. I haven't read any book by this author, but I know you've like reading her books in the past :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?