.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday Flashback

From July 2003:


The Old Fox Deceiv'd by Martha Grimes. Mystery.









Originally written in 1982, this is a good introduction to Martha Grimes's Richard Jury mysteries.

I must confess that while Martha Grimes is a familiar name to me in the mystery genre, I'd never read any of her books until now.

This story is filled with the atmosphere of British mysteries, and features a mystery within a mystery--not only whodunit, but who-was-it-done-to.

A clever mystery with an engaging cast of characters,
The Old Fox Deceiv'd has ensured that the next time I'm in the mood for a British mystery, Martha Grimes will be on my list of authors to look for.
Originally posted here.



Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?