.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The Wicked Day


***** The Wicked Day by Mary Stewart. Historical fiction.







This is one of Mary Stewart's King Arthur books. Apparently, it's the fourth book after a trilogy, but I haven't read them in any sort of order--in fact, I think I've only read two others--so that didn't make any difference to me.

The Wicked Day is about Mordred, which I loved. Mordred is usually the villain, but this book really demonstrates the adage that everyone is the hero of his own story. I'd have liked it for that alone, but it's also a wonderful story of a complex character who fights back against fate and those who would manipulate him.

One of these years, I'm going to get all Stewart's Arthurian books and read them in order.



Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?