.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 28, 2009

Hell with the Ladies


Hell with the Ladies. Contemporary romance.









This anthology is about the devil's three sons. The devil wants to retire and turn the "family business" over to one of his sons, so he gives them each a test.
It's not really a spoiler to say that all three sons fail at their assigned tasks and are redeemed by the power of love. It's a romance, after all. Still, I found myself wishing that one of them had somehow kept his inheritance and his romance.

The stories were all readable and entertaining, but I'm glad I didn't read them all at once because there was a certain sameness to them. Trying to put my finger on exactly what kept me from loving them--I think I expected them to be a little darker. These are supposed to be the sons of Lucifer himself, but I didn't feel any menace from them, and I was never concerned that they'd chose reigning in hell over staying with their human loves.

Oh. I'm categorizing this as "contemporary romance" instead of "paranormal romance" because despite the presence of the devil and his sons, there really wasn't anything paranormal about it. Hmmm. Yes, they were immortal, and they were supposed to be trying to steal souls, but you never actually saw any of that.



Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?