.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 07, 2009

Drop Shot


***** Drop Shot by Harlan Coben. Mystery.








Someone recommended Harlan Coben's books to me a while ago, but I don't remember who. If it was you: Thank-you! This is the first of his books I've read, but it won't be the last.


Myron Bolitar is a lawyer turned sports agent, and he's at the U.S. Open with a client when a young ex-prodigy trying to make a comeback is killed. The victim had left messages with Myron that he hadn't returned, and his client is one of the main suspects, so Myron gets involved.

I have to admit, I was a little leery of a sports agent as a hero in a mystery series, but it works in this book at least. I'm not remotely a sports fan, but the story wasn't too heavy on the sports details, though I have the impression that there's enough there to satisfy readers who are.

What set it apart for me was the humor and the witty dialogue. I'm a sucker for humor and banter, and Drop Shot didn't disappoint. And the twists in the mystery were just right. I'm pretty sure I have another of Coben's books in the TBR mountain somewhere. I'm looking forward to it.


Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?