.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Morning Meme

It's not morning anymore, but I'm catching up after vacation and just found this tag, and since I didn't have a MMM pre-posted for today, here 'tis, cross-posted from Facebook:

You've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with the ABC's of YOU. At the end, choose 26 people to be tagged. You have to tag me so really you just need 25 more people. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you. (Jan's addition: be careful. Some of these questions might be your security questions for banking, etc.)


A -Age: 48

B - Bed size: Queen size.

C - Chore you hate: cleaning bathrooms

D - Dog's name: Diva

E - Essential start your day item: Coffee.

F - Favorite color(s): purple is my standard answer, but the truth is, I just like color, period. Bright colors, mostly.

G -Gold or Silver: gold

H - Height: 5 feet 3 inches.

I - Instruments you play: Piano, kazoo.

J - Job title: Mom, beta reader, BAD listmom.

K - Kids: One girl, who (hyperventilating here) just turned 24; two boys: one 19, and one 14.

L - Living arrangements: on-post officer's housing--single-family house (our first time living on-post in 25 years): 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bath, basement, garage--it's much nicer than I'd expected. Fortunately, we got one of the recently renovated houses.

M - Mom's name: Durlene

N - Nicknames: Mom.

O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: Had my tonsils out when I was 6. I remember being mortified because the nurses made me sit in the toddler table while my 7-year-old roommate got to sit at a regular table. Some things stick with you.

P - Pet Peeve: hypocrisy and greed

Q - Quote from a movie: "Group rubbing strengthens social bonds." (okay, it's not exactly from a movie--it's from Planet Earth

R - Right or left handed: Right, though both my sons are left-handed.

S - Siblings: one younger brother

T - Time you wake up: During the week, during the school year--6 a.m. Otherwise, between 8 and 9 a.m.

U - Underwear: cotton string bikinis--I'm very picky. they maximize comfort, minimize panty lines. it's unbelievable how hard they are to find.

V - Vegetable you dislike: Okra. It's slimy. Ick.

W - Workout style: Oooh, this is a good one, since we just got back from our "spa vacation." When in Italy: walk the kilometer or so to the gym, do Callanetics and then about a half hour of free weights. Walk back to the cabin. Then spend the afternoon playing in the water and walking another couple of kilometers along the beach.

Back home, I do exercise videos, and once or twice a week we go hiking in the woods.

X - X-rays you've had: teeth, mammogram

Y - Yesterday's best moment: Seeing my father-in-law. It had been somewhere around 10 years since we've seen him. He flew over from Florida.

Z - Zoo favorite: otters


Not tagging anyone, but if you play, leave a comment!


Categories: ,

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?