.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, July 06, 2009

Monday Morning Meme

25 Random Things


Once you’ve been tagged, write a note with 25 random things, shortcomings, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end choose 16 people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them. Tag the person who tagged you.


In no apparent order:
  1. I have three kids.
  2. When I was a kid, I used to make up lists of names for my own eventual children. I didn't use any of those names.
  3. I have hair issues, so I avoid the hairdresser at all costs. I periodically take a pair of scissors to my hair, and routinely threaten to shave my head. I haven't done that, though.... yet.
  4. I learned to read before I was three years old--partly from the book A Pet for Peter with the immortal repeating line: "No," said the farmer, "that isn't the pet for you."
  5. My book habit started because I'd get a Little Golden Book or Junior Elf book (they were apparently also from Random House, but I couldn't find a link--similar size and price point, though) as a bribe for behaving while shopping.
  6. I still read. A LOT.
  7. My mom loathed Dr. Seuss, and I never read a Dr. Seuss book until I grew up.
  8. I bought my kids all the Dr. Seuss books.
  9. I'll read just about anything, but I tend to be a pretty critical reader--it comes from reading so much.
  10. On January 20, 1977 (thank-you, Wikipedia!) I went to the Queen Day at the Races concert in Saginaw, Michigan (with Thin Lizzy opening). I didn't go to another concert until seeing the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in San Antonio on my 42nd (41st?) birthday.
  11. I took piano lessons for seven years.
  12. I only knew my husband for a little over 6 months when we got married. Seems to have lasted anyway: we're celebrating our 25th anniversary in August.
  13. I'd always expected I'd live with someone before getting married, but I didn't actually live with my husband until after we'd been married for 4 months. At which point I was two months pregnant and throwing up constantly.
  14. I once drove our 1988 Mustang GT convertible on A6 from Landstuhl to Darmstadt in the middle of the day.... without anyone passing me.
  15. I like wearing hats, but my head is small, so it's often hard to find something other than a ball cap that fits.
  16. I maxed every PT (physical training) test I took when I was in the Army. I probably wouldn't be able to pass, much less max one now--the two-mile run would kill me. I might be able to pass the push-ups part--it depends on what a passing score is for a 48-year-old woman.
  17. I'm way too impatient and critical to enjoy poetry. If I don't find it pretentious, I just don't feel like taking the time to appreciate it.
  18. I'm also way too impatient and critical to watch most TV. I'll watch The Colbert Report, The Daily Show, and America's Got Talent. The handful of shows I watch (currently Dr. Who, Torchwood, Lost, & 24), I wait for the DVDs.
  19. I don't think there's a connection between #17 & #18.
  20. I got the Nuttin' But Stringz CD for Carl for Father's Day, and I love it.
  21. On an average day, I drink about 4 liters of liquid, half of it water, and most of the rest herbal tea. This could be the 8 glasses "they" say you should drink... if the glasses are 0.5 liters each. Ever notice how they never specify the size of the glasses? I find that odd. I have glasses in my cupboard that range from 1 oz. to 1 liter.
  22. I love Mondays because they represent a new start.
  23. I have a B.S. (yes, a B.S., not a B.A.) in accounting (and graduated summa cum laude, thank you very much), but all I've done with it is a few years of tax preparation. And some ridiculously complex family budgeting for a while.
  24. I have CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome), but I don't like to talk about it much--people either don't believe it exists, or they're too sympathetic. And to be honest, I've gotten so good at handling it, most days I don't even think about it.
  25. When I came home from Basic Training, all my tops were too tight in the chest and arms from all those push-ups. I'm one of those women who build muscle easily.

I'm not tagging anyone, mostly because I've been so bad about visiting blogs lately that I don't know who's up for tags at the moment. If you play, leave a comment to give me a nudge to come visit. :)

Categories: ,

Labels: ,


Comments:
Fantastic list! It must have been a lot of work to write and I really enjoyed finding out so much about you!

(I'll see if I can get inspired but I don't know...I'm drawing a blank about what I could write)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?