.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, January 09, 2009

Friday Flashback

From September 2002:


** Signs. Science fiction.

Directed by: M. Night Shyamalan.
Starring: Mel Gibson, Joaquin Phoenix, Rory Culkin

They did everything they could to kill any little bit of suspense there might have been. They'd start up to something that might be a little suspenseful, then they'd cut to a flashback.

And I swear every one of the actors was taking tranquilizers, especially the kids. I was bored to tears.

It was pretty much a VERY long sermon about the importance of faith. Personally, if I'd wanted a sermon, I'd have gone to church. Or listened to the George Michael song. Much shorter, gets the same point across, and you can sing along if you like.
To be fair, my husband loved it, and bought the DVD. Obviously, we looked for different things in this movie.

Categories: , , ,

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
I still like The Sixth Sense, but I lost patience with Shyamalan after Unbreakable -- which had an interesting premise and an annoying-as-hell denouement. From what I've heard of The Village and Signs, he's only become more smug.

Balls and Walnuts is back up, by the way.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?