.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, December 19, 2008

Vantage Point


**** Vantage Point. Action/adventure.

Directed by: Pete Travis.
Starring: Dennis Quaid, Matthew Fox, Forest Whitaker, Sigourney Weaver



We saw this at the Hercules. Which tells you how far behind I am in writing about the movies I've seen.

One thing about living over here is that we don't get bombarded with movie previews. That can be a good thing, because I tend to have fewer preconceptions about the movies I see. It can also backfire, but in this case, it was a good thing. Particularly since apparently the trailer gives away a spoiler that ends up being misleading. (Not unlike my complaint about The Invisible, which I'd probably have liked more if I hadn't seen the misleading trailer.)

In short, Vantage Point is a whodunit about the shooting of a U.S. President in Spain. It's told from multiple points of view, and the action rewinds to the start for each character.

Apparently this is common for the TV show 24, but since I've never seen that, I found it fascinating. (Which possibly means I'll find the TV show fascinating as well--we'll see: I bought Carl the first season of it for Christmas. shhhh... don't tell!) I suspect I'd have enjoyed it even if I were familiar with the premise--I absolutely love seeing how people view the same thing differently.

And since each new point of view brings us closer to the solution, I thought it was pretty well done. There wasn't much in the way of character development, but as an action puzzle, it was a lot of fun.

I don't plan on buying the DVD, but I did thoroughly enjoy watching it.



Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I love the developement result at the ending too. And how we get to see each characters view point. I really enjoy it. At first got confused at the beginning but then when I kept watching, I finally understood what going on

As for "24" if you brought this for your husband, I think he going to love it! It kept me glue to the show from the first season and the rest of the season. I think you will love Jack and the first president. They are awesome characters you're going to grow to love. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?