.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, December 19, 2008

The Third Twin


**** The Third Twin by Ken Follett. Suspense.







I got this book used to take advantage of lower shipping from Half.com. I admit, I wasn't sure what to expect--the other books I've read by Follett were spy novels. This wasn't.

Instead, it's about genetic researcher Jeannie Ferrami who's studying twins raised apart. She thinks she's found the perfect subjects: one nice guy and one criminal. Their DNA is identical, but the more she digs, the more things don't make sense, and she finds herself faced with secret government experiments and threatened by wealthy, powerful men.

The science was a little iffy, but the suspense was great.

I do have to mention the Amazon reviews--dozens of 1-star reviews, all complaining that Follett dared to make the bad guys conservatives. *sigh* And then there's the positive review that's praising the book because it's not about icky war stuff. *rolling my eyes* Apparently there are a lot of people out there who are incapable of enjoying a book that doesn't conform 100% to their own political views. And they all write reviews on Amazon.

I'm sure I don't have to mention this here, but this wasn't a political treatise, and I really didn't notice a preachy tone. If you can accept that in the world of this book, the particular bad guys in this one case happened to have a conservative political bent, it's a real page-turner.



Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?