.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday Morning Meme

Because you have nothing better to do with your time. You know the drill!

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post and paste into a new post of your own. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then leave a comment with your link so we can all go and read your answers......Tis the Season to be NICE!



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? It depends on the gift and the recipient. For immediate family, wrapping paper. But for the extended family, I like gift bags so I can tuck in little extras that don't warrant a package of their own.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real.

3. When do you put up the tree? *sigh* who knows? We were going to do it this weekend, then Carl decided he wants to wait until Curran gets home. We'll probably do it on my birthday. Again. *more sighing*

5. Do you like Egg Nog? Yes, but a little goes a very long way--it's so sweet and rich. I liked it better before I worried about raw eggs--I made my own with raw eggs and milk and vanilla ice cream, so I could control the thickness and sweetness, and it was much tastier. Hmmm. Maybe I could use Eggbeaters or something... Must think about this.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? If 18 is a child... that's the year my mom bought me a piano. Something she really couldn't afford. I hate to think how long she spent paying it off. But it meant a lot to me (and still does--obviously, I still have it).

7. Hardest person to buy for? Carl. If there's something he wants, he buys it for himself. So he almost always knows what I'm giving him for Christmas.

8. Easiest person to buy for? my kids. I always have lots more ideas of things to buy them than my budget will allow. The exception this year is Camden--I'm having a terrible time coming up with a "big" gift for him. He may end up just getting several smaller gifts, which aren't a problem at all.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have two: one is a minimalistic glass one I've had since we were first married. The other is a cardboard stand-up one from my childhood. When I was very little, I always begged to be allowed to set it up and was so proud when I was deemed old enough. My mom gave it to me a couple of years ago.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Assuming I get around to it. I've bought the cards...

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Well, since I credited my mom with the best one, I don't feel too bad for the worst one. She used to make theme boxes for everyone for Christmas--a box with a whole bunch of... stuff... in it that conformed to a theme. One year, mine was all scented things. I'm very sensitive to smells.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? so many... favorite classic: Miracle on 34th Street. favorite more recent one: The Santa Clause.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I see something. Or if I end up over-buying for one of the kids' birthdays--the extra gifts end up starting my Christmas stash

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? those aforementioned scented things--though I didn't re-wrap them and give them to anyone as a gift, I did just give them away.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? chocolate fudge

16. Lights on the tree? multicolored.

17. Favorite Christmas song? anything by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? yes, but I have to sing the song to do it.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither-- a blue spire ornament

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? The presents get opened on Christmas morning, but the stockings get opened Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? How angry, negative, and stressed people are.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? variety. I love the classic multi-colored lights, and a wide variety of types and colors of ornaments.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, spiced winter squash, spinach-mushroom-tomato casserole, Feldsalat, mashed potatoes if Carl begs. LOL Christmas Eve is finger foods. Though this year might be different because we're hosting the extended family Christmas here on the 27th and are planning finger foods for that day, too. We'll have to see if that changes things. We might do sub sandwiches on Christmas Eve this year (usually our New Year's Eve tradition, but we're not celebrating New Year's at home this year because we can't do fireworks on post).

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? the whole family together... Unfortunately, that won't happen until the 30th. :(

Categories: ,

Labels: ,


Comments:
I'll second the negative vibes cooking off people -- I went to a early-opening sale the Friday after Thanksgiving, got to the LEGO section, and found some irritated looking folks lecturing a clerk, who was trying to explain that they never got a shipment of the Imperial Star Destroyer; they, of course, wanted to talk to a manager.

Since there was another Target not far away, I drove over and pulled the last one off the shelf there, after spotting several sitting in people's carts (they had cleverly displayed them in an alternate seasonal location).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?