.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, December 05, 2008

Friday Flashback

from August 2002:


The Suitor
by Sandy Hingston. Historical romance.









I think this one was very different. It was very hard at first to like Katherine, or even feel sympathy at all for her. It wasn't until I read in chapter 7 that she felt she owed it to her real mother to uphold certain standards that I began softening toward her.

It took me a while to realize what Alain saw in her as well. I knew he liked her spirit, but when I realized what his background was, it just clicked for me that he had quite possibly acted the same, or was at least familiar with the attitude.

I, too, found it hard to believe that Christiane believed him guilty of murder. I think she was just so disappointed in him that she didn't question what she'd been told. Christiane is someone I'd really like to know more about. There seems to be a story there. I know---I read so many series that I see series potential in every second character. I'm also wondering if Katherine's father & step-mother had a story somewhere, too.

The last few chapters really had me on the edge of my seat. Thank goodness I knew this book would have a happy ending, or I'm not sure I could have taken it! :jittermad: Watching Katherine make wedding plans & try to convince herself she'd be happy with Clayton. When he changed the flowers on her, I was screaming at her to throw them in his face. (um, I got a little over-involved, I think ) When Alain stopped the wedding, I was so relieved.
You can read the entire thread, including a conversation with the author, here.


Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?