.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Red Heart of Jade


***** The Red Heart of Jade by Marjorie M. Liu. Contemporary paranormal romance.








This is the third book in the Dirk & Steele series. Unfortunately, I'm so far behind on reviewing, I don't think I can do it justice, so I'll just be brief.

First, this is a reunion romance--Dean, a psychic who works for Dirk & Steele, and Miri, who's an archaeologist, were best friends and in love until a carjacking left them each believing the other was dead. Now it's 20 years later. There's always something about reunion romances that appeals to me.

Second, this is an exciting part of a wonderful paranormal series. The people who work for Dirk & Steele have a variety of paranormal abilities, and it's well-defined and interesting. Dean's on the trail of a killer who's been burning people, and his long-lost love is unknowingly right in the middle of the case.

Finally, the writing is excellent. The balance between fantasy, mystery, and romance is handled well, with all the elements receiving full measure. The action and suspense kept me turning the pages, and the characters' emotions were so clear I was pulled in to the story.

The fourth book in the series, The Last Twilight, is in my TBR pile, and the fifth, Eye of Heaven, is on my to-buy list for November.

Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?