.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday Morning Meme

I stole this from Melody:

5 Things Meme


5 Things I was doing 10 years ago:
  1. Walking Camden to preschool (*gasp* he's in middle school now!)
  2. Volunteering in the library at Curran's elementary school (he graduates this spring!)
  3. Discussing the possibility of getting a dog.
  4. Getting frustrated with our Kaffee & Kuchen Sundays turning into Dairy Queen Sundays.
  5. Still settling in to our first house.
Hard to believe so much has changed in 10 years--this was just a few months after we'd moved from Germany to San Antonio and bought our first house. Before Dagny's surgery, before we got Diva, before CFS.

5 Things on my T0-Do List today:
  1. Laundry *groan*
  2. Try to catch up a little more on the lists and book reviews.
  3. 13 minutes of Callanetics, 24 minutes of an exercise video
  4. Pay mid-month bills
  5. Help Carl pack for his trip to Belgium tomorrow

5 Things I would do if I were a millionaire:
  1. Investment accounts for all the kids
  2. Cottage on the lake
  3. Renovations on the house (floors, walls, kitchen)
  4. Take actual vacations for longer than 10 days
  5. Donate more to the causes I support--mostly health- and education-related

5 Things I'll never wear again (or have never worn):
  1. a size 6 (I wore a 4 when I got married--I'm never going to be that tiny again)
  2. Army uniform (I gave them all away when I got out)
  3. pantyhose (tights I'll wear if it's cold enough, but if I need/want hose, I'll stick to thigh-highs, thanks)
  4. Wedding dress (never had one--the marriage seems to have stuck, anyway)
  5. worn-out, ill-fitting, or horribly unflattering clothes (at least I'm working on it--I've been cleaning out my closets, and came to the conclusion that it's really stupid to wear things around the house that I'd be embarrassed to be seen in in public unless it's extremely comfortable. What was I saving my decent-looking clothes for? Old age? Wear them while they fit and are still marginally in style, I've decided.)

5 Favorite Toys: (Current or Past)
  1. Computer
  2. E-book reader (this is so nice! It takes up hardly any space in my purse, and I never have to worry about finishing a book and not having anything left to read.)
  3. Carl *grin*
  4. Digital camera (even if I do forget to take pictures half the time)
  5. Jigsaw puzzles (now that Curran's cleaned off the dining table, I think I'll get out that 3000-piece world map puzzle I've been itching to play with)


Categories: ,

Labels:


Comments:
Fun! Enjoyed reading them. :)
Wow, you've a 3000-piece world map puzzle to do?! I set my limitation to 2000-piece and that's already considered tough!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?