.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Am America (And So Can You!)


***** I Am America (and So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert. Humor.








I may have mentioned that I'm behind on reviews. It'll become clearer just how far behind I am when I admit that, contrary to the instructions in this book, I let Dagny take it on the plane with her when she went home... the first week in January. I'll buy myself another, honest!

Basically, if you've seen the Colbert Report, you pretty much know what to expect. And if you haven't, go to the website or YouTube--there are plenty of videos to sample. It's that same brand of humor, the same irreverence, the same no-holds-barred, nobody spared, tongue-in-cheek zaniness. The book has Colbert's take on everything from sex to religion and includes some handy extras, like a gay/not gay flow chart, stickers, games, and even helpful little notes in the margins. But mostly, it's full of truthiness.

And if you missed it (or just want to relive it), in the back, there's the text of his speech at the White House Correspondents' Dinner in 2006.

Obviously, if you don't like the show, you won't like the book--but if you don't like the show, why would you pick up the book?

My biggest complaint: I was unable to resist spending a lot of time watching the videos while I was looking for links.


Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I actually sent this book to my brother who is a civilian linguist in Baghdad. He told me he giggled a bit uncontrollably while reading it. I can't wait to buy my own copy. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?