.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday Flashback

This is from February 2002:


Ever a Princess by Rebecca Hagan Lee. Historical romance.









The quotes beginning the chapters were fun. Particularly because they were pertinent. I liked that. Too often in books, there are little quotes to start each chapter that seem either chosen at random or pertinent in a way that makes sense to the author but is too obscure for me. And I've probably just stuck my foot in my mouth here... It wouldn't be the first time, & undoubtedly not the last.

I really hope we find out more about The True Adventures of the Bountiful Baron. I'm really curious about who wrote it. I'm guessing either Kirstin or O'Brien, although I'm leaning toward Kirstin. I think Adam's underestimated her.

One thing I really liked about this book was that the hero was the one who had to change his life for the heroine. I liked how Rebecca pointed out that it wasn't an easy decision for him, and how much his life would change.

The undercover stuff was just hilarious. Adam was just so perplexed by their behavior. I can just imagine coming into a household at that time where everyone's deferring to the chambermaid.

Interesting detail in Giana & Queen Victoria exchanging drawings rather than letters. Did Queen Victoria ever do this, or is it just that drawing was something expected of ladies at that time?

And how do you pronounce "Giana"? I'm guessing Gee-Anna, but in my head I gave up & pronounced it "Gina". It always made me smile when Adam called her "George".

You can see the whole thread, including a synopsis and a short discussion with the author, here.


Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?