.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, December 24, 2007

Monday Morning Meme

I found this Christmas Meme at JoyIsMyGoal. Some of the questions were on last week's, but that just makes it easier, right?


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, depending on the gift and the recipient. This year, for example, my immediate family gets wrapping paper, and the in-laws get an assortment of wrapped and unwrapped things in gift bags.
2. Real tree or artificial? Real.
3. When do you put up the tree? Hah. Today. Sheesh. This is one of the years when good intentions get sidelined by the hectic pace. Carl's TDY to Kosovo really threw us off this year.
4. When do you take the tree down? First week in January. They collect the trees just after Epiphany.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but like a milkshake, it's very filling and I'd rather fill up on other things.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can't really remember anything specific at the moment. Maybe anything that wasn't a combination birthday/Christmas present.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I have a glass one, and a couple of years ago my mom gave me the cardboard pop-up one from my childhood that's at least as old as me.
8. Hardest person to buy for? In my immediate family, it's my husband--he buys himself all the fun stuff for his hobbies; new clothes sit in his closet while he wears the old comfy ones; he doesn't wear jewelry; he reads my books when he reads at all... I usually let him pick out his own big gift and then stick to DVDs and cute silly stuff for the rest. In the extended family, it's my father-in-law. Men are tough.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My younger son. He's got a wacky sense of humor and it's fun finding things he'll enjoy.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My mom tends to be hit-or-miss. Lots of things with strong scents when I've been sensitive to smells since I was a child, clothing that's not remotely my style, etc. Not always, but often enough to point out that she doesn't know me very well.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. It's always fun to receive cards in the mail and I like to return the favor.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I like Christmas movies a lot. Miracle on 34th Street for the oldies, maybe, and The Santa Clause for new ones.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I see something I think somebody on my list would like. I start shopping in earnest in September.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies &/or fudge.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored--the assorted kind. I enjoy looking at all-white lights or other solid colors, but for myself, I like the multicolored lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I like most of them. Possibly Carol of the Bells.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year is the way I like it best: Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at home, Boxing Day at the in-laws.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes: You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donder and Blitzen... but do you recall the most famous reindeer of all? Rudolph....
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither. It's more of a spire.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Stockings on Christmas Eve, presents Christmas morning. That way, the stocking stuffers don't get overlooked.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Not getting everything done I'd wanted to.
24. Do you buy gifts for your pets? Yes, and for the pets of the extended family. Not a lot, just a little toy or chewy treat.
25. Have you ever been Christmas caroling? Yes. Quite often when I was a kid. The last time I went, we caroled through LRMC, a bit more than 20 years ago.
26. Hot chocolate or hot apple cider? Depends on my mood. Hot apple cider unless it's the really chocolatey kind of hot chocolate and not the kind that's mostly sugar and milk with a little bit of chocolate flavoring. *shudder* And if you take the good hot chocolate and add some kind of liqueur to it--like Baileys or amaretto or peppermint schnapps, that's the best.


If you celebrate, you're likely too busy to do this meme, and if you don't, the answers will all be "n/a," so tag yourself if you've got a free couple of minutes to do something fairly mindless.

Happy Holidays to all, whatever you celebrate, and if you don't celebrate any holidays this time of year, then have a happy day.



Categories: ,

Labels: ,


Comments:
*gasp* you put your tree up...today? :::thud::: hehehe.

This is fun meme. I might do this before I head off the computer for two days. I will be spending the time with my family and friends at home :)

Wishing you a a very Merry Christmas Darla! *smooches*!
 
By the way, I post the pictures of my tree that I promis you. Go see it! And...

THANK YOU very much for the unexpected but a WONDERFUL package you sent me ;) ;) *HUGS* *SMOOCHES*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?