Monday, December 17, 2007
Monday Morning Meme
Okay, so it's more like Monday evening meme, but at least it's still Monday. I
stole found this Christmas meme at Sandier Pastures:
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa leaves a joint present out on the table. The bulk of the presents are wrapped, though, and not from Santa.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I like the colored for myself, but city decorations here tend to be all white, and it looks beautiful.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Hopefully before Christmas Eve.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Excluding dessert? We don't have quite as strict traditions for Christmas dinner as we do for Thanksgiving, but if we're having Christmas dinner at home, we'll usually have a spinach/tomato/mushroom casserole that I love, and I'm also very fond of the spiced winter squash. At Christmas, nobody really cares about dinner, so I make things I like.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
I don't remember anything specific--it's all a blur.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I never believed in Santa. We always had a few presents with "from Santa" tags, but we always knew they were from mom & dad.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We open the stockings on Christmas Eve. See above re: not believing in Santa. It works out really nicely, because the little stocking stuffer presents tend to get overlooked on Christmas day, what with all the big presents, so on Christmas Eve, it's just all those fun little things.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Colored lights, huge variety of ornaments, from fancy glass ones to popsicle stick ones made by the kids.
11. Snow? Love it or Dread it?
Well, I'd rather have snow than cold rain, but it's more fun to look at than to deal with. With the exception of Christmas vacation, when it's nice if there's enough snow to build snowmen or have snowball fights.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, but I haven't in years.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
14. What’s the most exciting thing about the Holidays for you?
Giving presents to my family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
driving around on Christmas Eve with a Christmas CD on, looking at Christmas lights
17. What tops your tree?
a blue and gold spire
18. Which do you prefer – giving or receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Carol of the Bells
20. Candy canes?
Maybe one per year. I like them, but I get tired of them really quickly.
I'm tagging... everybody who reads this! Leave a comment if you play, so I can read your answers.
Categories: AboutMe, Meme
Instead I call it "Christmas Meme part 2" hehehe
Interesting about Santa gifts either wrap or not wrap hehe. He leave some out on table? why? *grin*
The original idea behind the tradition was to have something out for the kids to play with while mom & dad dragged our exhausted carcasses out of bed. It never worked out that way, though--they would see the Santa gift, but they wouldn't touch it until we got up. Sometimes, we have weirdly well-behaved children. :)
It must have been disappointed to not have fireplace there when one need it...am aren't you glad you found a replacement -- the table? hehehe
Links to this post: