.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, November 16, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix


****½ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Fantasy.

Directed by: David Yates.
Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, Emma Thompson, Helena Bonham Carter, Maggie Smith, Gary Oldman...




We finally saw this (after missing it over and over again during the summer) at the Hercules--with the boys, of course.

Like Stardust, I thought this movie captured the book almost better than the book itself did. I've read a lot of reviews complaining about the missing parts, but heck, that's what I've got the book for--if I want to read all the little details, I'll read the book. I view the movies as more of a companion to the books than a substitute for them, so I'm expecting things to be left out.

The tone was suitably darker, more serious, and the actors are all well suited for their roles and convincing in them.

I thought the movie shined where the book was weak: in particular, the scene where ****spoiler only if you haven't read the book****Sirius dies****. In the book, it was glossed over, almost an afterthought--to the point where I didn't believe it. In the movie, it was clear what had happened.

One wee pet peeve: what part of PG-13 do parents of toddlers not understand? I don't care if you bring your toddler to a PG-13 rated movie--well, as long as they're not disruptive--but for the love of god, quit complaining that it's too scary for them!



...more

Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Planning to watch this, once it available at Netflix. I've been waiting forever to see this movies on DVD. Although I'm still behind reading the book (I'm on book #5 now)

The thing with Netflix is, my account were set up by my sister so she is main account person to fit things if I should have problem with my netflix. I use to be able to fix thing (replace disc, read Q&A, report problem..etc) but now, Netfix does not allowed me to do that anymore. I have to get my sister to do it, since it on her main account. It does not help that both mine and her queues are her account *sigh*........
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?