.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday Flashback

This one's from January, 2002.

Wicked Widow by Amanda Quick. Historical romance.







I have to confess, I haven't read a lot of historicals, so I really don't know if this is representative or not. I think it's a Regency, but that's only because I've been told Regencies have English nobility in them. Hopefully someone here will enlighten me on the nuances before I make a complete idiot of myself. Anyway, if historicals are like this one, maybe I'll pick up a few more.

Madeline holds her own. She's smart, practical, clever, and quick. Her aunt's a hoot. Artemas, well.... Wow. "Mature yet agile" indeed.

I'm going to show my ignorance again, and ask if "Vanza" was real or if JAK invented it, and either way, if she's used any more of its followers in other books. It seems like a combination of martial arts, Eastern philosophy, and a secret society like the Masons.

Good story, anyway. Nice adventure and mystery along with the romance and historical setting---I definitely recommend it if you haven't read it yet.


You can read the whole thread, complete with smilies and silly asides, here.

...more

Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I've read one Amanda Quick -- if I recall correctly, that's a pseudonym for a well-known author.

At any rate, I liked it. I'd read more of her stuff, too.
 
Yes, she's Jayne Ann Krentz. And Jayne Castle, too, for paranormals. I've mostly liked what I've read by her, but I don't collect her books--she's written too much! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?