.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 13, 2007

TT #65



Thirteen Sniglets*
Part Three
*a word that's not in the dictionary, but should be

I'm sure you've heard of Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it. Here are some more words in the same vein:


  1. Mouse Potato (MAWS-puh-tay-tuh) n. The on-line, wired generation's answer to the couch potato.
  2. Ohnosecond (oh-no-SE-kund) n. That minuscule fraction of time in which you realize that you've just made a BIG mistake (like after hitting "Send" on an email by mistake).
  3. Rignition (rig ni' shun) - n. The embarrassing action of trying to start one's car with the engine already running.
  4. Scribblics (skrih' bliks) - n. Warm-up exercises designed to get the ink in a pen flowing.
  5. Shoegating (shü-gāt'ĭng)- (v.) Walking behind someone at a distance too close for comfort, much like tailgating in a car.
  6. Somnambapologist (som nam ba pol' uh jist) - n. Person too polite to admit he was sleeping even when awakened at three in the morning.
  7. Squatic Diversion (skwa' tik dy vur' zhun) - n. Any pretended activity that commands a dog owner's attention while the dog relieves itself on a neighbor's lawn.
  8. Turfigee and Pedigee (ter' fih jee and ped' ih jee) - n. The two extreme target points of a rotary lawn sprinkler, TURFIGEE being the safest point at which to walk past, PEDIGEE being the most dangerous.
  9. Unanimosity (yü-năn'ə-mŏs'ĭ-tē)- (n.) The result when everyone is in agreement, but nobody likes what they agreed upon.
  10. Vodkracy (VOD kra see) - (n.) The process by which all the world's socio-economic problems are put to rights by the consumption of large quantities of alcohol.
  11. Wondracide (WUN druh side) - n. The act of murdering a piece of bread with a knife and cold butter.
  12. Youthemism (yüth'ə-mĭz'əm) - (n.) Any story or term invented for the purpose of explaining to a young child a concept or phenomenon that he or she is too young to properly understand.
  13. Zipcuffed (zip' cuft) - v. To be trapped in one's trousers by a faulty zipper.




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

  1. Carrie Lofty: Will Scarlet
  2. Robin's Rosh Hashanah dinner
  3. Ann's to-do list
  4. Lisa Andel: nekkid man-o-rama!
  5. Ann Aguirre: keepers
  6. Susan Helene Gottfried: the Wall of Fame
  7. Angela/SciFiChick: sf/f excerpts
  8. Frigga on The Princess Bride
  9. Thomma Lyn's writing goals
  10. countries visiting Elle Fredrix's blog
  11. Doug does Cosmo
  12. Mama Pajama shuffles her IPod
  13. what Moondancer's proud of
  14. You're next!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



...more

Categories:

Labels:


Comments:
The ones about the doggie do and the cold butter made me snort. Thx for the laugh!
 
I've always loved ohnosecond, and youthemism is great - we've got loads of those at our house.
 
Love the sniglets, especially the wondracide. Happy TT.
 
I've had a couple of ohnoseconds, and I love #9 and #10, and ... well so many of them.
 
I know all about rignition and shoegating. My kids are masters of the latter.

Funny list!
 
I used to be into scribblics, but then I bought nicer pens. And no, I'm not going to launch into the story of my favorite pen. I'll save it for later.
 
I think Vodkracy would go over wonderfully in the UN.
 
Some of those made me laugh, like #3 - pretty clever :-)

Happy TT13
 
Oh, those are cute -- I read them out loud to hubby! Thanks for the giggle fit! :)

Happy T13, and thanks for visiting mine.
 
My fave is number two! I've had the feeling so many times it's only right that it have a name.
 
I'm Number One!

-- the Mouse Potato
 
Oh I've had my share of Ohnoseconds...too many actually! What a fun post!
 
Okay this was hyterical. Thanks so much for the laugh. I think ohnosecond is a word that I commonly experience.


http://moondancerdrake.livejournal.com/
 
Great words, I love these lists!
Thanks for visiting my IJmuiden TT. Sorry I'm this late for my return visit!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?