.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 10, 2007

Blades of Glory


**** Blades of Glory. Comedy.

Directed by: Josh Gordon, Will Speck.

Starring: Will Ferrell, John Heder, Craig T. Nelson, Will Arnett




We saw this at the Camp Darby theater when we were in Italy. Something else had been scheduled--I don't remember what--but the film hadn't arrived (a common problem in more out-of-the-way on-post theaters), so they showed this instead. Which was good, because we'd thought we'd have to wait for the DVD.

Will Ferrell and John Heder play Chazz Michael Michaels and Jimmy MacElroy, figure skating competitors with vastly different styles who get banned for life from men's figure skating when they get in a fight over a competition that ended with them in a tie.

Fast-forward a couple of years, and both their lives are ruined, when they get a proposition: there's nothing in the rulebook that says that the skaters in pairs skating must be of opposite genders.

The rest of the film is one gag after another as the two train together, and the reigning king and queen of pairs skating,
Stranz and Fairchild (Amy Poehler and Will Arnett), scheme to keep them out of competition.

Adding a sweet counter (and welcome relief, I must admit) to the silliness is Stranz and Fairchild's younger sister Katie (Jenna Fischer) falls for Jimmy MacElroy and is torn between being her siblings' dogsbody (think Julia Roberts's character in America's Sweethearts) and following her heart.

It's not Great Cinema, but it's a lot of fun, a lot of laughs. A warning, though: if you don't already like Will Ferrell, Blades of Glory will not change your mind.

...more

Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I just saw this movie last night, from Netflix. And I thought it was.... okay. Will, have always been at his funny best with comedy and he was in this movie. I remember him from Saturday Night Live, where I seen many of his skits..and it's always made me laugh.

The coolest thing out of this is that some of the famous professional Ice Skater make appearance in this movie. I love watchng professional Ice Sakting competition on TV.

Hmm, not sure how I rated this movie. Trish seem to like it, since she laugh a lot. But I still think it was an okay movie.

By the way, I just watch "The Celluar" and I thought that was good :) Have you seen any movies that are worth watching (beside the movies you have reviews here on your blog?)
 
eh...ugh...there few miss-spell I made above, so sorry :)
 
We got the DVD of this, and the boys watched it with their cousins after Thanksgiving dinner... and then when their dad went up to get them to get ready to leave, they had to rewind it and watch "the good parts" again. LOL

Geez, you're demanding! :) I've got reviews for 90-some movies up already--isn't that enough? *g*
 
Which "the good part" did the boys watch again? ;)

Me? Demanding? HA! I've read all your movies reviews, just want more reviews to add to my netflix LOL! *grin*
 
Well, I've been posting reviews of everything I watch, so... Maybe you should be giving me recommendations! :)

I'm not sure what parts they rewound for their uncle. Whatever they thought was particularly funny, I guess. Given their oddball senses of humor, that could be anything. :)
 
LOL about giving you some movies recommendation...I suck at review it. But I will try. If I see a movie that I think you would like, than I let you know here :)

Maybe I shall head to Netflix and see what movies I've seen that I think you'll like...I get back with you on it..later :)
 
LOL! Okay. If I ever get caught up with my reviews, I'll do the same.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?