.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 31, 2007

BTT #20

Note: scroll down for the ThursdayThirteen.


Booking Through Thursday

Paper or Plastic?
  1. Do you read e-books?
  2. If so, how? On your computer, or a PDA?
  3. Or are you a paper purist? Why?


  1. I've bought a couple, but I haven't actually read them yet.
  2. I don't have a PDA, so they're on the computer. I kept meaning to steal my daughter's PDA, but my husband nabbed it first, dammit. An e-book reader is going on my Christmas list. Anyone have any recommendations?
  3. I guess I'm a paper purist, but it's a practical thing, not a philosophical one. #2 is why I haven't read them yet. They're on the computer, and it's really a PIA to sit up at the computer to read, and uses up too much energy--see here or here for details. I'm doing great lately, but if I've got the energy to sit at the computer, I've got so much more stuff to do.
...more


Categories:

Labels:


Comments:
I don't have a PDA, so I read them from my laptop. I've only been into ebooks about a year, but I am HOOKED. As soon as you get down and read a really great ebook, you're going to forget ALL about where you are. At least that happened to me. Now I sometimes think I love ebooks even more than regular books!

I do hope you find a comfy position and a great book so you'll become just as addicted as we are. LOL!
 
Interesting post. I have my first book coming out in digital release this Sept. I only started checking out ebooks this year and have only read a few. I don't have a PDA. I read them on my laptop. It was difficult first but I did get used to it and got into the story.

Maybe it's different if you have a reader or something portable. There's something limiting about the computer in that you can only read the book when your in front of the screen. (I've been known to have a novel in my hand as I cook. LOL!)

But people who are into ebooks and have a reader really plow through the stories and you have to admit that in terms of space and cost, ebooks are rather attractive.
 
Darla - darn, why did hubby get it before you? *grin*

I don't have suggestion for you on recommendation PDA, but like you...I also need to buy me one of those thingie. I would love to hear recommendation here as well :)

Thanks for visiting my blog, as always, darla. Hope you have good day
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?