.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 17, 2007

BTT #18

Note: scroll down for the ThursdayThirteen.


Booking Through Thursday

Bookless:
  1. It happens even to the best readers from time to time… you close the cover on the book you’re reading and discover, to your horror, that there’s nothing else to read. Either there’s nothing in the house, or nothing you’re in the mood for. Just, nothing that “clicks.” What do you do?? How do you get the reading wheels turning again?


  1. That's where having a huge TBR pile and a random selection system comes in handy. The TBR pile is so big--over 400 books--that I never run out of books. And because I pick my next reads randomly, I don't end up with that frozen feeling of not feeling like reading anything in the pile.

    In fact, that's why I started choosing my reading stack randomly. I used to look at this big TBR pile and not be able to find anything to read. Turns out, I just kept looking at the same books over and over, and overlooking the same ones time after time. The TBR challenges help, too, to get me to read something I'd have otherwise overlooked.

...more


Categories:

Labels:


Comments:
My TBR collection is too huge too to have me every left wanting for reading material. LOL

I'm curious . . . Please explain your random choosing process. Do you just walk over to your shelf and randomly grab a book, pick a name out of a hat, or something similar?
 
Yes. :)

My TBR pile comprises several stacks on shelves--currently over a dozen, so when I need books to read, I pick a random number, like the date, or the number of letters in the title of the book I just finished, and take, for example, the 10th book from each stack. Those books go into a basket next to my bed, and that's what I'll read for the next couple of weeks.

It's kind of silly, but it keeps my reading material varied, and theoretically keeps books from languishing in the TBR pile forever.
 
Over 400 books? Suddenly my one overflowing cardboard box looks managable and restrained!
 
Darla - I agree that is great thing about TBR piles, even though we don't want to know how many books are over topping the TBR piles LOL.

The way you work your TBR piles system...might be good idea. Although I'm not sure how I would seperate mine...

Happy BTT ! Sorry so late on mine.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?