.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 28, 2006



Thirteen Questions on a Domestic Quiz


  1. You've just finished the dishes. What do you do with the dishcloth?
    • Wring it out and hang it over the faucet to dry.
    • Leave it in the bottom of the sink.
    • Squeeze it into a tight ball and place it neatly on the back of the sink to ferment.

  2. After a long run, what do you do with your stinky sweatsocks?
    • Put them in the basket with the other sweatsocks and tighty-whities.
    • Put them in the basket with the bras and lacy underthings.
    • Stuff them inside your running shoes to wear on tomorrow's run.

  3. Unexpected company's coming in 15 minutes. What's the best use of your time?
    • Clear off the 3 weeks' worth of crap on the dining table that's directly in front of the door.
    • Vacuum the invisible dust from the rugs.
    • Take the dog for a walk.

  4. Back to the dishes. There are 4 stacks of similar dishes in the cupboard: dinner plates, dessert plates, saucers, and soup plates. Where would you put a medium-sized plate?
    • With the other plates the same size.
    • On top of the counter because you don't know where it goes.
    • On top of the soup plates.

  5. You notice you're low on shaving cream. What do you do?
    • Look in the cupboard under the sink for the two cans you bought last week.
    • Ask your spouse if there's any more shaving cream.
    • Write shaving cream on the grocery list.

  6. How many food groups are there?
    • Four to six, depending on when you went to school: bread, meat, dairy, fruits, vegetables, something like that.
    • Two: meat and French fries. Oh, and maybe bread.
    • There are some things called "veggies" that you have to eat a bite or two of to set a good example for the kids, but you can always fill up later on ice cream and cookies.

  7. Dishes again. You've got a stack of 4 frying pans of various sizes. What do you do with the smallest one?
    • Set it on top.
    • Set it on the counter top because you don't know where it goes, despite the fact that you're the one who got it out of the cupboard and the kitchen isn't very big.
    • Remove the top two pans, making plenty of noise, put the small pan in and then replace the top two pans so that they fall out of the cupboard the next time someone opens it.

  8. How many shelves are in the refrigerator?
    • Four shelves, three drawers.
    • A few. Mostly, you can find something by asking your spouse where it is.
    • One. It's right on top, and not very deep. The refrigerator is like the opposite of the Tardis, in that it's much smaller on the inside than the outside.

  9. You try on a T-shirt but decide not to wear it. What do you do with it?
    • Fold it and put it back in the drawer.
    • Leave it on top of your dresser--you'll wear it tomorrow.
    • Put it in the hamper to be washed.

  10. How often do kids need to eat a balanced diet?
    • As often as possible.
    • Whenever your spouse nags about it. Complaining about it is a good way to bond with your kids.
    • Only if they're fat, and since yours aren't, it's not an issue.

  11. Where does the vacuum cleaner belong?
    • In the utility closet.
    • The what?
    • In the middle of the hallway. That way it's convenient when we need it.

  12. There are three pieces of paper on the sideboard in the entryway. Which one do you throw away?
    • The junk mail ad for really ugly furniture.
    • The receipt for a bill you paid 6 months ago.
    • A form from your child's school that has to be turned in no later than tomorrow.

  13. There's a bowl of an unidentified substance* on the kitchen counter. What do you do with it?
    • Ask your spouse what it is.
    • Ignore it.
    • Dump it in the compost.

Scoring: If you can't figure out the correct answers, go ask your mom.

Disclaimer: My husband and kids are very good at domestic issues, in general. All these minor irritations have, however, happened at one time or another.

*It was a sweet potato custard I'd spent 3 hours making, and it was cooling on the top of the stove. I'm sure I'll get over it. Eventually.



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

  1. Ghost: songs
  2. Carmen: life list
  3. Caylynn: hobbies
  4. Ma: Hawaiian history
  5. Norma: food triggers
  6. Mar: unsweetened
  7. Kate: loves Leslie
  8. Shannon: banned books
  9. Laura: blog comments
  10. Cheysuli: annoying The Man
  11. Jenny Ryan: answers Nick Lachey
  12. Cat: anticipation
  13. Just Expressing Myself: annoyed
  14. Amy: vacation anticipation
  15. Tink: random
  16. Chelle Y: Bible verses
  17. Mommyba: depression
  18. You're next!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Categories:

Labels:


Comments:
i know i don't have to take the quiz to know i am SOOOO not domestic :)
 
LOL! :) Thanks for the laughs. :) BTW, if I haven't said it already, I love the name of your blog. Of course, since I've spent the past year learning German in preparation for our move to Munich, I actually know what it means. ;)

Have a great Thursday. :)
 
That was a great list! I'm the domestic type.

thanks for stopping by.
 
I got a good laugh out of this--figure you must be training up a man. I've been married 46 years and my husbands still has a problem with some of these.

My 13 food triggers are up.
 
Caylynn, glad you like the name. Obviously, it's a lie. Maybe it should be nichts-wichtiges-zu sagen. ;)

Man & kids, Norma, yes. I've been married 22 years, & yeah, I've pretty much given up on changing some of these. The kids I still have hope for. :)
 
LOL, I am not domestic, and I some of the alternatives were really ME!!! but I would be too embarrased to tell you which ones,lol! great TT, happy thursday :)
 
1 - 1
2 - 1
3 - clean up the living room
4 - on top of the dinner plates
5 - 3
6 - 1
7 - 1
8 - 1
9 - 1
10 - 1
11 - in the corner of the room, dont have utility closet
12 - 1
13 - 3
 
This is one of the best TT ever. Man, I love it, though I mourn with you about the sweet potato custard.
 
Jo, we've got a spare room--want to move in? :) Do you have a link for your TT?

Glad you liked it, Kate, and thanks for the sympathy. It would have been sooo delicious. *sigh*
 
LOL! Too funny. I did ok...

Have a great Thursday!
 
oh my i have seen each of these aound the Big Top on occasion. too funny.
great list this week.
thanks for visiting my tt.
have a great day!
 
Good heavens what's with all this putting it away?! Don't you have a human who comes in to do your housework... or wait you ARE the human... my bad. Never mind.
 
Great quiz! I think between the 2 of us my hubby and I have committed every faux pas on this list :)
 
Oops, I've done a few of the (presumably) wrong ones. ;-) Great list/quiz. I wonder how my son would so on this...
 
I answered them all in my mind, and refuse to write them down on the grounds everyone will know I am a mess cat. LOL. Great TT.
Look forward to visting you again.
Take care,
Frances
 
I plead the 5th..that was great..cant wait to read the rest of your blog
 
Haha, great list!!
Thanks for visiting my TT!
 
LOL! I'm gonna post my answers to the quiz on my blog next week! Hehehehe!

Happy weekend!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?