.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 07, 2006


Evidence of my little mind:
ThirteenFoolish Consistencies


  1. My morning routine. Get up, put on glasses, watch, & pajamas, stretch, grab books & clothes. Go to downstairs bathroom. Strip. Pee & wash hands, step on scale--twice (it might be wrong), get dressed, brush hair, brush teeth. It never varies. This one's not so bad--at 5:30 in the morning, who can think?

  2. Stretching. The basic routine takes 5 minutes. Starts on the floor in a straddle stretch, moves through sitting stretches to lying-down stretches to lunges to standing stretches. Always the same stretches, always in the same order, twice a day, morning and night.

  3. Brushing teeth. This is where it gets a bit embarrassing. I read while brushing my teeth. 1/2 page per section. From outside top right, to outside bottom right, more or less counter-clockwise. There are 20 sections, or 10 pages. Hey, the dentist says my teeth & gums are in great shape.

  4. The kids' breakfasts. Monday: pancakes, waffles, or French toast. Tuesday: "cereal breakfast day". Wednesday: eggs. Thursday: "freezer breakfast day"*. Friday: bread (anything from bagels to doughnuts). There's always milk & fruit, sometimes smoothies or hot chocolate, sometimes toast, but those are bases. (*freezer breakfast day is some sort of frozen breakfast food they've chosen from the grocery store--it's been anything from Flammkuchen to breakfast tacos. The Monday breakfasts are from scratch.)

  5. My breakfasts. Rarely, if there are leftovers that I like, I'll have what the boys had--I have a serious weakness for French toast, frex. But in general, I fix myself something else after they go to school. It's always in this order: 1) oatmeal (1/4 cup dry, made with milk and some sort of nuts & dried fruit); 2) cereal (some healthy kind--currently ); 3) yogurt breakfast (chopped-up apple or other fruit, raisins, & nuts, mixed up with a yogurt and a little crunchy cereal sprinkled on top); 4) Muesli. Rinse, repeat. There's always fruit & coffee. I get rather out of sorts if, as sometimes happens, we run out of yogurt and I have to breakfast out of order.

  6. Drinking coffee. Every time I take a drink of coffee, I follow it up with a drink of plain water. I started this a couple years ago to minimize coffee stains on my teeth; now it feels just wrong if I can't drink water with my coffee.

  7. Drinking while reading. I take a drink on pages with page numbers ending in or . No, I don't know why.

  8. Reading breaks. Reading breaks last until the next chapter break after 50 pages.

  9. Reading choices. There's a complex random selection from the TBR pile involving spelling out the titles, a la eenie meenie miney mo, filling up the TBR basket by my bed. Then the books from the basket are alternated with "must-reads" for discussions, trying to keep similar genres separate.

  10. Computer routine. Turn on the computer, open , open , connect to internet, close T-Online, open . Glance at , change Gmail signature, change signature at Jim Butcher messageboard, glance at , change Yahoo mail signature, update reading list, post to blog, then start answering email. I don't check other blogs until later in the day.

  11. Shower routine. Wash hair. Rinse. Condition hair. Wash face. Wash body. Rinse hair & body. Shave. Rinse. Dry off. Put on face cream, then glasses, then chapstick, then (Doug, don't read this) ***dry out ears with Q-tips***, put on deodorant, and aloe-vera gel for bikini-area razor bumps. Body lotion--arms, front torso, back torso, right leg, left leg. Get dressed. Always in the exact same order.

  12. We go out to dinner every Wednesday night.

  13. Every Friday night we have .


Doug told me once that the key to keeping up with Thursday Thirteens every week is to have no sense of shame. How'd I do? *wincing*



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

  1. Cat's worried.
  2. Carmen in Vegas.
  3. Happy Birthday, Tink!
  4. Ghost did the challenge
  5. Mommyba did the challenge
  6. Chaotic mom has PMS, and did the challenge!
  7. Ma's simple pleasures
  8. Mar did the challenge
  9. Cheysuli did the challenge
  10. Zeus is O.K. with dogs
  11. Jersey Girl did the challenge
  12. Laura's random 13
  13. Margie did the challenge
  14. Doug's patients
  15. Trish's insults
  16. Jenny Ryan's patience is tried


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





Categories: ,

Labels:


Comments:
I love this list, especially the toothbrushing thing. I also read while I brush (though not as organizedly (?) as you!).

I missed to challenge too...

Have a great day!
 
Routines are so comforting, yet so funny sometimes. :) My cat and I have a morning routine, and he gets VERY upset if I change it. ha
 
I love your list! We all have routines, whether we admit it or not. I have!
My TT is about birthday facts this week.
 
I really think this is an awesome list!! :)

Happy Thursday!
 
You are one very routined person. I could use a little of that. I actually WILL use your breakfast routine with my boys. May help our mornings go a bit smoother. ;)
 
It's funny that you have so many routines for some things, but then you've mentioned other areas in which you like lots of variety.

I can't think of any routines I have at all.
 
Great 13 list for your daily routine.

Thanks for stopping by my TT.
 
LOL, Laura--I'm pretty sure I never claimed to be consistent. :)

Chaotic mom--that's why I started the breakfast routine in the first place. It's way too hard to think of what to make for breakfast in the morning.
 
I loved your list and all those pretty decorations!! nice to have such discipline and follow a routine. Now I am craving Flammkuchen, I love it and there is only one restaurant I know of where I can get it here, I should try to make my own...
Very nice, very nice TT. Happy Thursday!
 
Routine is what it's all about. Cats love routine
 
This is really fascinating! As I am a student of homo sapien behavior, I think I might want to conduct an interview with you or link back to this post eventually. I think all felines and canines could learn a little something from this. ;)

Have a great Thursday and thanks for visiting me today!
 
Hey, Zeus, I'm all for promoting inter-species understanding and communication. :)
 
hey darla, thanks fo visiting my tt. i did send one of my kids to kinderat age 4....she is the top 1% in her 8th grade class now. actually i will hold little man back next year. i guess i wasn't too clear. silly me!
I love your consistencies. they all are important i believe. have agreat week.
 
That sounds a lot like me, then again I was once Jersey Girl myself. :wink: Great 13! -Margie
 
Eeek, sorry about that last post I thought is was for Jersey Girl (13'er) her blog is slow going to the comment section.

I meant to say routines are cool sometimes, comfortable. I need to actually quit the spontaneous and get with a routine. LOL! Great 13! -Margie
 
Mine's up. Wait til you see how I've linked you.
 
Very creative, Doug. I was expecting something about Emerson, or hobgoblins, but I should have known you wouldn't go for the obvious. :)
 
Thanks for making me feel better about my own quirks. :) Routines ROCK!

Happy TT!
Thanks for visiting mine!
 
Drinking while reading.

I love eating while reading.

Thanks for visiting my TT last week (I'm a teensy bit behind :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?