.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, August 13, 2006


*** The Tower by N. T. Morley. Erotica.








Tess is a reformed call-girl, married to a billionaire, and should be happy. But ever since her trip to The Castle, a gift from her husband Charles, where she discovered how much she enjoyed dominance and submission, she's felt more and more like something's lacking. So when Roland takes over, she willingly goes along.

This is actually the second book in a trilogy. I don't have the first. When Venus book club closed its doors, there was a huge sale, so I grabbed a bunch of books that sounded remotely interesting. Only the 2nd and 3rd of this trilogy was available, so I got it, deciding I could try to find the first later if I liked the others.

That plan is still up in the air. It's really a matter of subject matter rather than the writing. N. T. Morley has a clear writing style, and has a way with making me believe the characters--and believing that Tess really wants to be a slave is an awfully tough concept for me to swallow. I enjoy D/s erotica, but this one was a little heavier D/s than I usually like to read.

Okay, so it's erotica, I should probably say something about the sex scenes. They're well-written, at least in the first part of the book, which I enjoyed very much. Some good descriptions combined (and this is what makes them well-written, IMO) with emotional content--not just what Tess is doing or having done to her, but how she feels about it. In the latter part of the book, it had gone in a direction that didn't fit my personal kink, and I wasn't involved enough to appreciate the scenes.

I'll read the 3rd book, but not right away.


...more

Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?