.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 10, 2006





Thirteen TV Show Theme Songs




On one of our summer driving trips, the kids and I started singing TV show theme songs. I was surprised at how many I knew all the words to. My husband was impressed--says he can never remember the words, and that's why he always turns them into silly songs, but I'm not sure I buy that--I think he just likes making up silly lyrics.

Unfortunately, after singing them deliberately, a bunch of them got stuck in my head. So I thought I'd pass on the favor. These aren't necessarily the ones we sang that day--just ones I know and thought of today.

Click on the title to read the lyrics; click on the lyrics to listen.

1. The Flintstones.
Flintstones. Meet the flintstones. Is there anyone who doesn't know this one?


2. The Brady Bunch.
Here's a story of a lovely lady. Ditto.

3. Star Trek.
Beyond the rim of the starlight/my love is wand'ring in star flight... What? You didn't know those? Roddenberry was no Whedon when it comes to song lyrics.


4. Laverne and Shirley.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Shlemeel, shelmazel, hasenpfeffer incorporated. (huh?)


5. Cheers.
Making your way in the world today... Anyone who lived through the early 80s can probably sing this one. How long was it on the pop charts?


6. The Love Boat.
Love... exciting and new. Come aboard. Pure cheese.


7. I Love Lucy.
I love Lucy and she loves me...


8. Gilligan's Island.
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip. Of course.


9. Rawhide.
Rollin', rollin', rollin'... Never saw the show, mind you--I only know this one because of the Blues Brothers.


10. Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.... I only sing this one to annoy everybody. It works.


11. Beverly Hilbillies.
Come listen to my story 'bout a man named Jed. I kept thinking of the rap version, as sung by the band at Martini's.


12. Full House.
Whatever happened to predictability? My kids love the camp of this show--I'm not sure it was intentional.


13. Firefly.
Take my love, take my land... Had to include this one to contrast with Star Trek.



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
  1. Carmen and bad URLs
  2. Books on Minerva Jane's shelves
  3. What's bugging Tempest
  4. Pixiepincessmom creates
  5. Michelle on the new flight safety regs
  6. Karen's uses for mayonnaise
  7. Laura and back to school
  8. Candy Minx's favorite poetry
  9. About Shannon
  10. Ghost's coffee mugs
  11. Classic books Lyn's never read
  12. Write from Karen's relationship advice
  13. Jenny Ryan eavesdrops
  14. Doug's short list
  15. This Pastor's Wife's busy week
  16. Momma Piñata's wedding to-do list
  17. Kukka-Maria is very humble
  18. Trish's dog talks


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Categories:

Labels:


Comments:
how sad am i that i knew these without having to look at the words. ;)
 
god i knew the words to all of these except 13. great idea and looks like a really interesting site. oh, and thanks for stopping by my TT earlier!
 
I absolutly LOVE the theme to firefly! Well I love the whole show. I'm so sad it was cancelled

My Tt is up too.
 
I know all of those except for the last one; I've never heard of Firefly. Enjoyed your list; took me on a fun look down memory lane.

My list is up. Happy TT>
 
great. now I'll be singing the theme to Full House all day...
 
okay the only one I didn't know was Firefly, otherwise I was singing along with you!
Thanks for visiting my tt this week.
 
What a great idea for alist, I too knew them all...oops except for Firefly.

My TT is here..

http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/2006/08/thursday-thirteen.html
 
Sad, I sang along as I read... except the Star Trek one of course.

Yikes!

(And the Blues Brothers rocks!)
 
Great memories...should have posed them as a test! lol Thanks for visiting my T13 - Classic Books I've Never Read Edition at Bloggin' Outloud. lgp
 
I bet that was a fun car trip! I can hum the melody, but am at a complete loss when it comes to the words.

Happy TT!
 
You can tell how much I've watched our Firefly DVDs if I can sing along with the song. :) It's not a very sing-along-y type of theme song, though.

Lyn, darn! Next time I do something like this, I'm going to try to remember to do it as a quiz.
 
What?! The Star Trek song has words?!
 
Rawhide is my favorite. Ever hear the Chaps' version? Look for it ;)

Mine's up.
 
great blog ;)

x
rick
--
http://rwez.blogspot.com/
 
Ah, memories. What fun. Love the list. Thanks.
 
My agent (mother/owner/human) used to hum TV show theme songs in the car with her sister when they were children. It became a contest to see who could guess the most.

It's amazing what things you can do with a lifetime of television-watching under your belt!

Came by way of Thu 13. Loved your list (and thanks...now I have these running through my head, as well)!
 
Thanks, Rick! I spent way too much time this evening looking through yours.

Momma Piñata, I get up and dance to the Buffy theme song, does that count?
 
I don't know Firefly's.. but now I've got Mr. Roger's Neighbourhood running through my head. Thanks.

LOL

Happy TT! Thanks for visiting mine!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?