.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, July 25, 2006


****½ Night Embrace by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Contemporary paranormal romance.









I'm not really sure why these books tend to languish in my TBR pile so long. I always really enjoy them when I read them, but I'm never in any hurry to read the next one. Hmmm.

Anyway, this is the third Dark Hunter book, about Sunshine and Talon. He'd been cursed centuries before by a god to lose any woman he loved, and Sunshine was deliberately placed in his path to distract him during Mardi Gras, when a couple of gods planned to release The Destroyer and reclaim their godhoods.

The time of year is also a bad time of year for Daimons (vampires), and the baddest-of-the-bad Dark Hunters, Zarek, has been called to New Orleans from Alaska to help out.

I enjoyed the romance between Sunshine and Talon--Sunshine was independent and practical, things I always appreciate in a heroine, and of course Talon was tormented by fear of his curse. There's a twist in their relationship later on: ****spoiler****Sunshine is the reincarnation of his wife**** and I thought that was handled well, and realistically.

In addition, there was quite a bit of character development of the secondary characters--we learned more about Ash, Zarek, and Valerius--and some of the history and politics of the Dark Hunters.

All in all, a fun, satisfying read. I believe there are 3 more in my TBR pile. I'll get to them eventually, and no doubt I'll enjoy them when I do.


...more

Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?