.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, July 24, 2006


***½ Endings and Beginnings by Nora Roberts. Contemporary romance. Re-read.









This book was a bit of a roller-coaster ride. Not in that it was action-packed-exciting, but in my response to the characters.

I loved Liv and T.C. in the beginning--both dedicated, driven reporters in Washington, D.C. T.C. was the senior of the two, and Liv viewed him both as a rival and as an inspiration. And T.C. respected Liv enough to take her seriously, offering her a bit of help, but not making things easy for her.

Then in the middle, I got exasperated with them, particularly with Liv, because the story degenerated into one of those "I LURVE you, but I can't have a relationship with you because you might leave me, or die" plots that irritate the heck out of me.

And then they redeemed themselves in the end. Liv got over her fears credibly, and nobody sacrificed their identity to get the HEA.

Endings and Beginnings is obviously an early Nora, but it shows her genius with characters. They definitely came alive, even in such a short space of time. A nice little bonus for Noraholics was the appearance of Myra Ditmyer from the MacGregors series.

...more

Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?