.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, June 22, 2006


***** Vengeance in Death by J.D. Robb. Futuristic romantic suspense. Re-read.









I have to admit, the 5 stars for this one is a sentimental choice. In fact, I've read this book so many times that I'm not even sure I really know what I think about it anymore. Granted, that's true of the preceding 5 books, too, but Vengeance is the most intensely emotional, and I'm all about intensely emotional books these days (as long as they don't have depressing endings, that is!), so I can't look at it objectively.

Or rather, I can, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I can, for example, question how Eve can so calmly accept Roarke's past that's so vividly shoved in her face here. Or I can question how the killer latched on to those particular victims. And I can certainly read the part where Roarke gets all pissy about Eve locking a door on him and remember a later book in the series where he does the same thing and want to smack him upside the head. And yes, I can see the headhopping--Nora does it all the time.

But in the end, it doesn't matter. It's a 5-star read. Which demonstrates my rating system perfectly: the ratings aren't in the least bit objective. It's all about how much I enjoy a book, not about its merits on some objective scale.



...more


Categories: , ,

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?