.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, June 15, 2006



Thirteen Ways I Am or Am Not Girly




Girly

Not Girly

1

I have long hair

I never go to the beauty shop

2

I'd rather wear dresses/skirts than pants

I don't wear perfume

3

I wear heels

I never do my nails, or have them done

4

I have an itty-bitty shoe obsession

I love cars and love to drive

5

I read romance

I read science fiction and action/adventure

6

I can sew

I can set up electronics

7

I can cook

I hate talking on the phone

8

I'm good at English

I'm good at math

9

I do not watch sports

I loathe shopping

10

I suck at playing sports

I'm more logical than emotional

11

I'm curvy

I build muscle easily

12

I'm a stay-at-home mom

I'd much rather watch an action/adventure movie than a chick flick

13

I read a lot

I hate poetry



This didn't turn out exactly as I'd hoped: I had a lot of trouble coming up with 13 ways I'm girly, and had to forget about matching them up. Still, it took me forever to set it up the way I wanted, so I'm posting it anyway.






Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Milady Insanity's food quirks
2. What Janice's son likes to do
3. Libragirl, winning and weekending
4. K T Cat wants you to vote for Jo
5. Natalie's ideas for Ann Coulter
6. Five-Time-Mom loves her honey
7. Nancy's nightstand reads
8. Mary's famous
9. Lisa has a great guest list
10. Carmen loves her dad
11. Skittles loves her family
12. Mar's son is graduating
13. What Doug learned from Cosmo
14. Tess deals with customers
15. Wise sayings from Bar
16. Wrigley's 1st TT!
17. Michelle complains about her house
18. Fated Hearts has big plans
19. Roscoe's not-so-messy shelves
20. Ma's gorgeous TT banners
21. Friday's Child's success tips
22. Susan's been busy
23. Christine introduces her dad
24. Frances has a busy day




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


...more


Categories: ,

Labels:


Comments:
Darla, are you sure that picture for 'not girly' isn't of a woman? Admittedly he/she must be a body-builder, but that looks like a combined thong and corset outfit he/she is wearing and the bodyshape looks bodybuilderish than particularly masculine or feminine to me.
 
Laura, the picture is supposed to be a female bodybuilder. Since it's from the back, though, I can't say 100%.
 
That was a very cleaver idea for a list!

My TT are up.
 
I guess I'm a mix of girly/not girly, too. They used to call us tomboys when I was a kid!!

What a creative way to do your list!
 
I am seven of the thirteen girly things and one of the not girly, I wonder what that makes me.
 
This is a great list. I bite my nails to the quick, hate shopping and talking on the phone.

Thanks for coming by....
 
Love it. I'm a 5/6-er, more or less. When I saw how my Mom ruined her feet, I stopped wearing heels, prefer pants to dresses, more practical (or is that logical?), often said, "my mother could never make a lady out of me", but wasn't too much of a tomboy. Think I'm going to try to make my own list.
 
What a cool 13! And the layout is very nice as well. I think I am really girly in some ways and really NOT girly in others but I think the girly side wins out! (I cry easily, have a very tender heart, love animals and cannot bear to see them hurt and am terribly maternal despite not having any children.)

Thanks for stopping by my 13!

Lisa
 
Girly is an attitude! :)
 
"the picture is supposed to be a female bodybuilder"

Interesting. Suggests that you don't need to be girly to be womanly. Which I already knew. Same goes for being 'ladylike', which, like 'girliness' is also over-rated.
 
Love the layout and girly/not girly. ROFL I must not be too girly then. I have never done my nails/ wear perfume, or go to any beauty shop. Who has time? LOL Have a Great Thursday!

Thanks for dropping by my TT.
 
Love the way you did this, very clever! I have never ever had my fingernails done...Happy TT! mine is posted
 
I love seeing how everyone has a mix of stereotypical feminine/not-feminine traits. Seems there's nothing typical about the typical woman. Which doesn't surprise me in the least. :)
 
Setting up electronics,eh? You and my wife ;) I'd like to see her come up with 13 ways she's girly, though.
 
I really like this comparison chart - and it sounds like we have a lot in common (except I love to shop, mostly for new shoes :) )

I'm up
 
What a creative and fun T-13!!!

Thanks for stopping by mine!
 
the things you listed in the not girly column makes me want to know you more. you can set up electronics and are good at math. great! thanks for visiting my blog. :) i'll link u.
 
OK, so I enjoyed the TT today! I relate and wonder what my own list would look like? Hmmmm thanks!
 
I love your list, I'd prefer wearing jeans than skirts but i wear perfume and i cant cook but i love talking on the phone hehehe...really interesting facts about you and love the theme girly and not so girly!

Happy T13. mine is up.
 
What a nice (and well-formatted) T13 list you've put together. And thanks for stopping by mine earlier. :)
 
That was great and different for a change. I enjoyed it. I was never a girly girl. I grew up with alot of boys around me so I was a kind of tomboy.

Thanks for stopping by my TT.
 
It turned out okay to me. That was a great differentiation of girly and not girly.
Thanks for dropping by.
 
This is a great list (or two). It sounds pretty balanced to me!!

My TT is up here.
 
My husband will agree with you on #7. He hates to talk on the phone!
Great comparisons. Thanks for stopping by my TT! Have a great weekend!
 
What a great list.
It got me thinking.
I don't wear jewelry but I love to shop.
I get my hair and nails done but without polish.
I could go on and on.
Sorry I got to you late; my daughter was visiting yesterday.
Take care,
Frances
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?